Life Safe Medical Terms and Conditions
Course Cancellation, Refund Policy, and Waiver
How to cancel a course:
Please contact us via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 250 933 0066, 14 days prior to your original scheduled course date to get a full refund, minus a $25.00 admin fee. ***Please note that, if a course has been purchased that includes an online component, i.e. ACLS Full Provider, ACLS Blended Renewal, PALS Full Provider, PALS Blended Renewal, and ACLS/PALS Combo course, and the online component has been started/completed by the individual, an $85.00 non-refundable fee will be applied on top of the $25.00 admin fee, to the final refund amount.
***NEW*** ONLINE COMPONENT COURSES
-If you need to cancel an ACLS or PALS Blended Provider course, or an ACLS or PALS Blended Renewal course, an ACLS/PALS Full Provider Course and have completed or started the online components available, Heart and Stroke has an $85.00 non-refundable policy, per course, for any online components accessed by the student. This charge is NOT from Life Safe Medical Training, and will be forfeited by the student. Life Safe Medical Training will add, in addition to the cost of the online material, an admin fee charge of $25.00. See below for more details.
- If no re-scheduling date is made within 30 days of the original cancellation notice given to Life Safe Medical Training, no re-scheduling offer will be available and the student's original tuition paid to Life Safe Medical Training will be considered forfeited.
- If you make a cancellation request to Life Safe Medical Training via email, within 14 days of the course date, no refund of your tuition fees will be available, however, you will be able to transfer your registration to a date which must be approved by Life Safe Medical Training.
A scheduled participant who does not show up to class within 30 min of the scheduled start time, and has not made the arrangements to contact the office or the instructor.
SWITCHING A COURSE DATE:
- You are allowed to switch your course to a different date at no charge, however, we must receive this request in writing within 24hrs from the start of your course. Exceptions can be allowed and will be treated on a case by case basis. No shows will not be eligible to receive any refund or re-scheduling.
We need to cancel a course?
- Life Safe Medical Training policy is that we do not plan to cancel any of the scheduled courses, however if we need to, we will ask you to switch to another course date if there is only one registrant for the course. If you have registered for the BLS (or BLS Renewal) courses, we must have a minimum of 4 people registered to run the course. You will be notified of the course cancellation as early as possible and we will do our best to accommodate you to another course date.
- We do, however, reserve the right to cancel courses, change course location, or change instructors if we deem necessary for any reason.
- If courses are cancelled due to an "Act of God" (including but not limited to; natural disasters, instructor transportation breakdown issues, course venues closing due to weather outbreak, pandemic, public safety, criminal activity, or situations beyond our control) Life Safe Medical Medical Training will:
- transfer you to another available date
- (at the discretion of the company) issue a refund.
For all course registrations:
- Life Safe Medical Training does not assume any liability for cancellation of a course. Any ancillary costs related to the student taking a class (including but not limited to: Airfare, any travel costs, hotel, per-diem, mileage, lost employee wages or salary) are the responsibility of the student and/or the employer. If a class is cancelled, Life Safe Medical Training's liability is limited to the amount of the registration fee only and policies previously outlined.
Life Safe Medical Training reserves the right to dismiss any student from class for disruptive or inappropriate behavior.
Students who are disruptive or exhibit inappropriate behavior will be removed from class and no refund will be available to that student.
Courses have a maximum registration limitations based on regulatory requirements set out by the Heart and Stroke foundation. All registrations are taken based on a first registered/paid, first served basis.
I (Student) understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating and/or receiving instruction in any of the Courses hosted by Life Safe Medical Training, hereinafter "Activity". I also understand that in order to be allowed to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I must give up my rights to hold Life Safe Medical Training liable for any injury or damage which I may suffer while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
Knowing this, and in consideration of being permitted to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I hereby voluntarily release Life Safe Medical Training from any and all liability resulting from or arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that I am releasing not only the entities set forth in the paragraph above, but also the directors, instructors, agents, and employees of those entities.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I may have or have had, whether past, present or future, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity, except for the acts or omissions of Life Safe Medical Training, its directors, instructors, agents or employees which are found to be negligent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release applies to personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which I may suffer, even if caused by the acts or omissions of others.
I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death or personal injury or property damage suffered by me while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will be binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assignees, my children and any guardian ad litem for said children.
I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold Life Safe Medical Training, its directors, instructors, agents or employees harmless from any and all liability or costs, including attorneys fees, associated with or arising from my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I acknowledge that I have read this Waiver/Release Agreement and that I understand the words and language in it. I have been advised of the potential dangers incidental to participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.